When you wish upon a star: tribute to Disney
An imaginary adventure, a trip through emotions, every time I watch a Walt Disney movie, I'm delighted.
In this version of "When you wish upon a star", I try to reproduce all those good things that Disney put in my memory.
My finds where:
- - the shooting star trail
- - some chords combination
- - a left hand descent
- - a soft passage
- - a chilly passage
- - a tip-toe walk
- - a right hand chromatic descent with a left hand wave
- - a whistle effect
- - a glorious passage
- - an echo effect with space chords
- - a left hand rythmic passage
- - a 3 hands like passage
- - a tzigane passage
- - the aladin genie metamorphosis, introducing alading main theme
- - aladin main theme
- - a rattlesnake
- - a triton halt passage
- - a 3 hands wave
- - a magic take-off
- - followed by the "blue dream" theme (Aladin)
- - a fake ending
- - some slidings to bring...
- - back the main theme for the true ending
This work is dedicated to Oda Kanako, the woman I loved and with who I spent my best moments.
At that time of my short career, I decided to close the training session and expose those 5 works on the internet.
This step backward allowed me to notice that there is mainly 4 things that I like in piano composition:
- - simple (but lively) melodies
- - rich chords progression
- - strokes which require technical mastery
- - pianistic innovation
That's it, the tour now comes to the end.
I hope you had a good time.